Saturday, November 26, 2011

Scrapping my way through chemo treatments

Now that's an ODD title isn't it?  I'll explain.  My Husband is under going chemotherapy treatment for cancer that has metastasized to his lungs.  There are MANY days I can't leave him because he's to ill (like today) and go to the gym -- which is one of my ways to decompress.  My at home way to decompress is to SCRAPBOOK... to scrap all those memories of ours and our families.

Of course I digital scrapbook.  I love it and I'm hooked... I always loved paper scrapbooking but digital scrapping... is more economical and if I make a big huge mistake... I just fix it instead of throwing the sheet away and starting again.  What I like to do is print out the scrapbook page (on photo paper) I created digitally and then I also create a page that has matching paper from the kit I'm using and print that out on card stock. That way if I have souvenirs that go with the page... like programs, ticket stubs... you know stuff like that... I have a place that matches my page to glue them... SO when you open my scrapbook... You'll see on the left -- my souvenir page and on the right will be the digital scrapbook page.  Kind of the best of both worlds... don't you think?

So would you like to see what I've been working on?  I KNEW you would... so here goes...

I used the Springdipity kit created by Kiki Halbert... HERE IS A LINK to go snap it up at a great price and this is what it looks like... pretty isn't it?


to make this an easy NO STRESS page I used a templete created by Roadside Designs... from her Trail Map Collection 1.... HERE IS A LINK -- go check out these awesome templates.  Simple and clean... just lovely... I used the 8 1/2in x 11in templates on this layout (I've found it easier to find places that I can print out my digital scrap page) BUT her templates also come in the 12in x 12 in size... you are really going to love these...


So what did I create?  It's a page about my Niece (Kellie) and her first water fall (look how close she was to the edge!... she kept saying... Aunt L... can I get closer... I was about to have a heart attack as it was so it was a resounding NO!)



I hope you join me and scrap your life.  It goes bye so very fast... you should not miss a moment of it.

1 comment:

  1. The layout is awesome !
    I am so proud of you, i miss you :)

    Huggles Jacquie

    ReplyDelete